Check back often for updates as we get closer to the event!
Date: September 28, 2019
Registration: Starts at 9AM – Event starts at 10:15AM
Place: Anderson Area YMCA 201 East Reed Road, Anderson, SC 29621
Cost: $45 for non- USIKA members, $40 for USIKA members $5.00 Spectator Cost
Contact Phil Little 864-221-4000
Seminars by Grandmasters
Hanshi Karl Hovey, a Ku Dan (9th Degree) in Isshinryu Karate-do, oversees several dojos in Northern Virginia. Dojos are located in Stafford County, Fredericksburg, Westmoreland County and King George County. Hovey’s School of Isshin-Ryu Karate aims to teach its art regardless of race, creed, sex, or age.
The study of karate is a serious undertaking. It requires hard work and dedication by its students. On the other hand, the students will discover in Isshin Ryu self-defense, self-confidence, physical fitness, sport and philosophy.
As an instructor, my goal is to train students that are able to practice Isshinryu at a high level of
proficiency in all aspects of their training. I believe it is important to be good in all areas – kata,
weapons, fighting, self-defense, and to be physically fit.
More importantly, I hope students that train in my dojo learn life skills that will help them
become better persons, better citizens, and better at whatever they pursue in addition to
karate. I emphasize the value of hard work, respect, loyalty, diligence, and responsibility, and
encourage them to strive to make the world a better place and to have an impact on those
Full Bio Here
GRANDMASTER CHRIS SPRUIELL
- HANSHI, 10TH DEGREE BLACK BELT Grandmaster and Founder (Soke) of the system of Isshin-Jujitsu
- Founder of “Combative Flow Training” (CFT)
- Serves on the World Head of Family Sokeship Grandmaster Council (WHFSC)
- Serves as Executive Vice President on the United States Isshinryu Karate Association
- 9th Degree Black Belt in Isshin-Ryu Karate under the lineage of Grandmaster Harold Long, and Grandmaster Phil Little
- He Holds an 8th Degree Black Belt in Neko-Ryu Goshinjitsu under Grandmaster Earnie Cates
Instructor/Rank Examiner of Shingitai Jujitsu under Master Peter Ragnar
- A 35+ year veteran of full-contact combat fighting, i.e., full-contact Isshin-Ryu Karate, Muai Thai Boxing, American Kickboxing, Jujitsu, and Ground Fighting